Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Let's talk shoes.

My latest obsession is over shoes. Autumn in Texas is really like summer everywhere else. With the weather being much cooler this summer than it has been in years, I expect the summer will last well into autumn. It's such a shame too, because I love autumn weather! It's really beautiful for a brief period of time when temperatures are cool, the breeze brushes gently against the aging trees, and the leaves change colors. This only lasts about month, though, before we start fighting the frost bite and sleet.

That was so way off subject. Back to my shoe fetish... So I've been looking around for good fall shoe trends. .. Thats how I got off subject. I really do like to pay attention to what the latest buzz is all about, and I often give into the latest fads, but most of the time, I stick with the good old-fashioned classics so that I can buy one great item and really get my money's worth year after year. I usually look for pieces from last season that can easily transition into the next season, or even all year-round. The best part is, they're on sale by the time the new season starts!

Starting from the top left:

1) Nude pumps are a must. I've always liked to have a pair of nude colored pumps/heels at hand. I had a pair in high school that I wore all of the time, but I've moved around so many times since then, I have no idea where they went. Luckily, I found these Michael Kors pumps on sale at Neimans.

2) Booties are the latest trend. These are Michael Kors also. They're pretty classic and versatile. Besides the fact that they are extremely easy to wear with just about anything, I didn't really find anything extraordinary about them. The real trend is with lace-up booties.

3) These are great. They're on clearance at Steve Madden. The color is extremely suitable for fall. They are super cheap too!



I have pretty flat feet, so I can't wear heels all day, every day. Comfy flats are a definite necessity in my life.

1) These mary-jane strap flats are from Chloe. Just because its autumn, it doesn't mean you can't add a little flare to your wardrobe. I usually like to keep the bling and bright colors to a minimum in autumn, but there are definitely ways to keep it subtle and tasteful.

2) These flats are from Lanvin. They're satin. I'm loving satin shoes right now. I think it might have something to do with the red satin heels that Reese Witherspoon wore with her yellow strapless dress. Just FYI, I idolize Reese Witherspoon's wardrobe. If there were any celebrity I would say depicts my style the best, it would be her. Okay, off subject again... Lanvins are also supposed to be really comfy too, so these are just great for everyday.


We'll talk special occasion and winter shoes later.