Saturday, July 14, 2007

Where, oh where...

On my way home from work today, I recieved great news from my former college roommate.

You see, exactly three weeks ago today, a small black puppy wandered up to my front door and scampered right through as soon as I cracked the door open. She was tiny, precious and hungry. I didn't have any dog food, so we had to just feed her human food. I took her to get vaccinated, fed her, played with her when I had time, and named her Phoebe. My mom wouldn't let her inside the house, so I had no choice but to leave her outside in a small sitting area my dad built. I wanted to keep her so much, but knew I couldn't provide her with the best home. So my friend suggested I surrendered her to the SPCA where she could find a real home with people who would care for her properly and love her for years to come. This brings us back to the good news...

My friend called me to let me know that she was able to save a kennel for Phoebe at the SPCA and that we could bring her in tomorrow! I was exstatic! Since she volunteers there everyday, I wouldn't worry about Phoebe being neglected or mistreated. But when I got home to tell Phoebe the great news, she was nowhere to be found. She typically runs out the fence to take care of doggy business and comes back to eat, sleep, and play, but today she didn't come back.

On my drive home, I contemplating dedicating an entry to her. I wanted to introduce you to her and share the good news to everyone. However, sadly, there is no good news today. I hope Phoebe comes back.