Sunday, July 22, 2007

Back in the game.

I've been a bit off course this past week, but I promise, I think that I'm much better now. I didn't realize how much catching up I had to do after only missing one week of reading fashion, beauty, and celeb gossip blogs!

So, I've recently made the decision to leave my science career behind me and pursue something completely different--something I've been dreaming of since I started college--FASHION! No, not design. I'll leave that to my sister. I LOVE to shop, and lately, I haven't been able to put my mind on anything but, so I decided to pursue fashion merchandising and buying! This was by-no-means a spontaneous decision. I've spent long hours of being miserable in my lab coat and reading my healthcare books and dreaming of what I will wear tomorrow under my lab coat. Wish me luck!

For those of you who are broke with an addiction to shopping like me, here are a few pretty things I've found at exceptional prices. I still can't afford it, but I hope everyone else can find them useful!


So one color I've always been fond of was turquoise. The color is bright, but still feminine. It goes well with a lot of other colors even though itself is so outstanding. Modish found this really great pair of turqoise drop leaf earrings from Miss Misa. I just love the simplicity of the drop earing and the rustic detail to the leaf makes it look delicate and antique. It's only $24! I'm not usually an earring-wearer, but I can imagine this pair of earrings going with many pieces in my closet.









Next, I've been eye-ing these blue bangles from Target for a very long time. They're only $9, but I am currently unemployed, so $9 for an accessory is a bit steep for me at the moment. They're simple, light-weight, and bold.







Now these peeptoes are from PAYLESS! can't you believe it? Payless is really impressing me lately. They're really trying and its beginning to show. These are faux croc-skin peep-toes for $19.99.