Tuesday, July 10, 2007

New obsessions.

Every few months, I develop a new obsession--a color, an article of clothing, a type of accessory--and I just can't shake it until I find the perfect item. This month's new obsession... drumroll please... big leather handbags. I used to think they were ridiculous because I would lose anything I dropped into one. But today, I come to you with a refined interest in the perfect casual leather handbag that lasts all seasons. I've found some pretty good prospects thanks to my rigorous search over the world wide web. Allow me to demonstrate:

Exhibit 1: Miu Miu Quilted Leather Hobo
Its casual, sophisticated and unique. It looks great in just about any color. The leather is carefully quilted and the gold detail adds a bit of bling to color. I just love it! For a mere $1,445, I can be a proud owner of this fabulous Miu Miu handbag. Although I do recall seeing a pretty good knock off of this very bag at Urban Outfitters for a tiny fraction of the price. But who are we kidding?? How can any knock off give us the same satisfaction of having the real thing?


Exhibit #2: Another Miu Miu handbag, but this time, its compact, light, and versatile--its the Nappa. The overlapping face and skinny strap is totally retro. This beauty will only set you back $1,385.


Needless to say, I love Miu Miu handbags and wish I had a few grand to spare. I must seem so dull to be picking such understated colors. Subtle colors complement louder ones. So you can wear this bag with a bright red shoe or sweater and not look like you're craving attention.

I won't blabber on about my next picks. You get the idea. The black bag is the Jimmy Choo Skinny Hobo and the red is a Valentino Histoire Patent Leather bag. There are also some great Chloe bags I absolutely love, but I can't seem to find a downloadable pictures, so I'll post it at a later time.





Until next time...




peace, love, and fashion!