Sunday, August 26, 2007

Long overdue...

Wow, I can't believe how long its been since I've posted. I started my new job the day after I got back from California and I've been so busy/tired. Anyway, to those of you who actually read my blog, I would like to extend my deep heart-felt apologies for neglecting to enlighten your lives with my thoughts these past few weeks.

The first thing on my mind is... the red patent leather Valentino bag I posted in an earlier entry. I love that bag, and now so does Angelina Jolie and Clare Danes because they've been spotted sporting it around town. Normally, I guess something like this would upset me because I hate people having what I have or what I want... but in a way, this gives me some kind of validation that I have good taste, so that means I actually have a running chance of making it in this industry.

Second thing on my mind is Chloe. The first one is a mid-sized, lambskin tote that I will be a proud owner of in about five days, and the second is a leather shoulder bag with braided handles that I wish I could adopt as well. However, sadly, my finances can barely handle just one and I just got a red faux-leather handbag from H&M when I was in SF a few weeks ago. Its not as fabulous of course, but its just as functional.


The third thing on my mind is how I've been completely MIA the past few weeks. I never realized how hard it was to work 40hrs + a week. But I also never realized how rewarding it feels to put those hours in when you actually feel good about being there and really believe that you're good at what you do. My ankles are swollen and my bunyon looks like a sixth toe (I know, sorry for the graphic mental image, I just had to get the point through), but I feel great because I walk away from work knowing that I helped an old lady and her grand-daughter find the perfect dress for a first date with her boyfriend's family, or a young self-conscious pre-teen girl finally find the perfect fit jeans to start high school in after searching all day all over the mall or even the new mom in her mid-thirties feeling sluggish and frumpy find an outfit that she can feel comfortable in. They find confidence in the things they wear and I feel like I contribute to their new-found confidence by helping them find the outfits they can feel good in.