Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My favorite fall designer, as of today, is Phillip Lim. I am in love with the 3.1 Phillip Lim Fall 2007 collection. His collection consist of articles that are comfortable and ready-to-wear. I tried on most of his new pieces and they felt equally good on as they looked cute. The tailored pieces hugged my body in all of the right places and fit like a glove. I didn't feel like I had to suck my gut in when I had any of them on. In addition to being comfortable, his designs retain a moderately conservative, clean cut, feminine look. His oversized tops are made of delicate fabrics and his more masculine fabrics are used in his more tailored designs. Its an equal balance of feminine and masculine which I think is very representative ofwomen today in general. The best thing about his line is that you'll never feel guilty about paying so much for it because you'll always want to wear it, so you'll definitely get the most out of them. My favorite piece is this navy blue dress because its so wearable! I could see myself wearing this anywhere, anytime... which is what I look for in my clothes... most of the time. If I could afford it, this would be in my closet in a heartbeat.

I got a great deal of this new Rebecca Taylor coat I couldn't pass up, even though I probably won't be able to wear it for another couple of months. It is absolutely gorgeous. If you haven't picked it up, I have a very distinct style. I like clean classic looks with a touch of girlie. This coat is the perfect example. The a-line cut is clean and classic while the large puffy collar and powder pink tint make it girlie.

Another coat I found that is extremely adorable, but not so much on the feminine side is this blue cord Marc by Marc Jacobs coat. I know I'm supposed to be partial to NM, but seriously, Barney's has a lot of better contemporary items than I've seen at NM lately.

Now for shoes... I've been searching far and wide for the perfect pair of shoes to match my black strapless DVF dress that I'm wearing to a wedding in October. I've got time, but its more like a fuse thats quickly reaching its end. I spend so much time at work, I barely have time to even think about the shoes, so I've started looking online. I am a very skeptical person, so I don't buy certain items online, such as jeans and shoes, because these are things that need to fit perfectly, and how would you know if you don't try it on? So I'm basically just getting ideas.

This is a 12th street by Cynthia Vincent dress that doesn't exactly look like mine, but its the closest thing I could find to show you all.


I would love to be able to wear any of these with it (especially the Valentino ones on the right).


And these are a more affordable and completely suitable alternative.