Monday, October 1, 2007

The sun is shining.

Yesterday was a particularly pretty day. I woke up Sunday morning to a ray of light seeping through my blinds and shining in my eyes. When I finally made it out my door, I could see the clouds like cotton balls thrown across the clear blue sky. The green leaves of the trees seemed especially green, almost luminescent. It was like I was driving into a painting. It was gorgeous. I don't know why, but I just felt like I needed to share that with you.

So I finally went to Kohl's to check out the Simply Vera line by Vera Wang. I must say that I was extremely dismayed at the cost and quality of the merchandise. It looks like someone, other than Vera, just picked out a few inspirational pieces from her main line and threw it up on some fabric then made shoes and clothes out of it. The magazine ads were extremely misleading. The clothes looked fantastic on the models and the ads, but once you touch them and wear them, you realize that its just Kohl's. I apologize if this sounds harsh. This is of no direct offense to Vera's own creativity, but who ever is in charge of her label and branding should have really thought twice about affiliating her name with Kohl's! She is already an established, well-known, highly esteemed designer. In my personal opinion, creating a permanent line for Kohl's really depreciates her worth. I'm really not as materialistic as I may seem, I just recognize and appreciate quality and value, as do most people I know. That is why you probably wouldn't be very pleased with the Simply Vera line.

Lastly, I finally visited Berry Berry Yogurt in Addison. No matter how much they try to tell you that they didn't borrow the idea from Pink Berry, you should realize how much they actually did borrow. Sure, they have more flavors of yogurt, but really... if they were really good, they wouldn't need so many flavors. My sister always says that a good restaurant will never have a big menu. Places with big menus and lots of options are just compensating for something they're lacking, taste. Berry Berry yogurt tasted alright, the black berries were all crushed, and they didn't really give enough fruit... definitely not as good as Pink Berry, or Red Mango, but its the only place in Dallas like it, so cheers to Berry Berry for finally brining it to Dallas. I hope Pink Berry will change their minds about opening in Dallas. I could really go for some right now.